Sunday, May 12, 2013

Free Comic Book Day 2013

So last Saturday was Free Comic Book Day. It's an event that happens once every year on the first Saturday of May for those of you who don't already know. It's like Christmas for geeks I suppose. My family and I always look forward to this day and have been partaking for some years now. This year though I was invited to draw free sketches for the customers at Nostalgic Books and Comics. A very cool comic shop out in the San Gabriel Valley. It was my first time ever doing something like that and although I was a bit nervous at first I really enjoyed myself. It was a challenge since some of the requests for sketches were characters I wasn't used to drawing but I ended up having a blast drawing them and everyone was very nice. This was truly an awesome experience and I would love to do it again next year.


One of the free mini comics I gave away that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment